Saturday, June 15, 2013

In The News

I have been bombarded with informative emails from the woman who grew up in the house. It turns out that UPI ran stories (as in more than one!) on the house when it was built. She said, "I don't know how many towns carried the stories, but we have copies of a few." She sent me photos of some of the news stories. Some of them are easier to read than others. I plan to eventually try seeing if I can track down any of the stories on my own but I haven't had time yet.

Reading these articles was another shocker. The house was built for the dogs!! I knew there was a reason I was so intrigued by the dog kennel and had to get more information. The intercom was for the dogs too! How ingenious! I bet some of you wish your neighbors had an intercom system to keep their dogs quiet with.  And, Wow! They were show dogs! This all started with me thinking some cute little poodle pets lived in the house. I have been able to read the clearer articles by dragging them to my desktop and then opening the photo and zooming in on it.






No comments:

Post a Comment