Sunday, June 16, 2013

Houzz Help With The Bathroom

Photoshopped bathroom photo
One of the reasons I started this blog was in an attempt to get advice from people more knowledgeable than myself on how to update, decorate and preserve the mid-century qualities of the new house. The number one thing on my "I need help" agenda is the bathroom. I decided to request some help from the folks at Houzz. I stumbled across this website recently and saw some of the amazing help they have given other people. Some of the folks there will go as far as Photoshopping ideas for you. I made a post about our bathroom. I have gotten some great ideas! Someone brought up the fact that the cabinets in the bathroom just don't jive with everything else. They mentioned that the varnish has most likely yellowed tremendously and they are no longer the original color. I can't believe I never thought of this! I have a feeling they are right. I had some hardwood floors in another house that had yellowed varnish. When they were refinished it was amazing the difference in color. Someone at Houzz was kind enough to even Photoshop a photo for me with our cabinets refinished. They also Photoshopped the sinks white. I really like this photo. The color of the cabinets might be slightly too dark to jive with the rest of the house but it's definitely on the right track! As my husband said...it might even be possible to keep the pink sinks with these re-stained cabinets. But, if not we could have them re-enameled white and we would be good to go. But, I think the first thing we will do when we have decided we are ready to tackle the bathroom is just refinish/ re-stain the cabinets. Then we will go from there. Tackling the cabinets was definitely not my original thought on what needed to be done first! I was all over those pink fixtures. Someone else pointed out that the cabinet pulls are brass which does not match the rest of the bathroom. I am now starting to think chrome accessories are definitely the way to go. Someone even Photoshopped some cute chrome items on the counter and chrome cabinet pulls. At least now I have some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment