Friday, January 13, 2017

Concerto for Piano & Orchestra

In September of this year, we purchased a new painting to go above our bed. We found it at the same antique shop where we got the electric fireplace. The antique shop had this painting and another painting by the same artist named, Nancy Ortenstone. We had been eyeing both of these paintings for a while. I wasn't really sure where we could put them and I didn't really like the price. After quite a long time, I became more and more convinced that one of the paintings would look perfect above our bed. We went to the shop and asked them to take it off the wall so we could have a closer look.


After I saw the back of the painting, I knew it was meant for me!! Since I play the piano and violin, it just seemed perfect. But, the painting is about 6 feet wide and there was no way it was going to fit in our car. Over Labor Day weekend, I had a friend visiting with a large car. I was convinced the painting would fit in her car. So, we decided to finally buy it while she was here. Except, it didn't fit in her car!! We ended up having to rent a moving van to get the painting to our house. I'm not sure if the photo below does it justice but we are happy with our decision!



No comments:

Post a Comment