Saturday, May 17, 2014

Thirty Minutes Later

After making the last post I started thinking about those louver doors in the bathroom. I couldn't imagine them originally being wood because the trim is all painted. I couldn't imagine them being originally white because there was no other white in the bathroom. I am pretty sure the original trim was blue but I also couldn't imagine the door being blue. So I decided to get a flashlight and do some investigating. I am pretty certain the trim around the doors and the entire bathroom was blue to match the walls and tile. And.........drum roll..........I think the closet door was originally pink!!!!! I see a little bit of pink paint on the door hinges. I can totally picture it! I'm sure in 1960 it was the hippest bathroom in town. As much as I would like the house to be as original as possible I don't know if I can bring myself to paint the door pink with blue trim! Help!!!! What do I do???

No comments:

Post a Comment