Sunday, January 5, 2014

Coffee Table...

Bassett coffee table
for the new coffee table books! Before our end table came we saw this coffee table we liked at an antique shop for a cheap price. We decided after our end table came in we would go back and look at it to see if it would match the end table. Yesterday we went back and checked it out. We decided it would match. It JUST fit in our car perfectly. If it would have been an inch bigger in any direction we would have been in trouble. After getting it home I decided it was a bit darker than our end table. It also doesn't have as beautiful of a grain as the end table. The coffee table is a more solid color and the end table is much more variegated and pretty. The coffee table is wood veneer (I think that is what you would call it.) instead of solid wood. I was a bit unhappy that the wood doesn't match everything perfectly and the style of the legs aren't the same as our other furniture. But, I have been informed that if everything matches it will look like we bought a furniture set at Sears! I really do like the style of the table! We will probably eventually get a different coffee table that is solid wood. For now, I have another place to put all of my new coffee table books.

Bassett coffee table

No comments:

Post a Comment